Check our Latest products!
Ladies polo shirts and rugby shirts may seem like simple and innocuous items of clothing, yet they are among the favourite items a woman can own in her wardrobe this spring. Traditionally accepted as sportswear because they were originally designed to be worn on the sports field, they can now be seen by the fashion-conscious everywhere. Here are a few ideas as to how to wear them away from the gym.
1. For a smart-casual look, wear a polo shirt with a structured blazer and smart trousers. The shirt will tell the world you’re relaxed but the blazer will say you still mean business.
2. Layer your shirts for a warmer look. Make sure they are of two complementing colours – for example, a pink polo would work well with a grey one – and make sure the collar of the inner one overlaps the collar of the other.
3. A ladies rugby or polo top with denim jeans is one of the easiest combinations and looks great on a relaxed weekend in the spring and summer. Leave the shirt untucked. In summer, replace the jeans with a denim or cotton skirt, then simply add sandals, pumps or flips flops.
4. Accessorise your polo or rugby with jewellery. A necklace will look great, or wear stacks of bangles on your wrists. This is an easy way to dress the shirt up without looking too formal.
5. Usually, the darker the polo shirt, the smarter the overall effect. Therefore a black or navy ladies polo shirt will achieve the most formal look. Bright coloured polo shirts like yellow and green are more casual.
6. For an easy way to wear this season’s nautical trend, wear a navy and white striped polo shirt with wide-legged navy trousers.
7. Layer a ladies rugby under a button-up dress, leaving the top first few buttons undone. This will dress the look down and stop the dress looking too severe. Simply add a pair of pumps.
8. For a layered look, wear a gilet over your shirt, ensuring the colours complement each other. This is a great way to keep warm on cold days and avoids the bulkiness of a coat or jacket.
9. Pair a fitted ladies rugby shirt with a pair of slim cut denim jeans and boots. The tailored fit of the trousers will balance out the volume of the top.
10. Wear a rugby shirt over a casual shirt for another layered look. Make sure the shirt cuffs show from the rugby’s sleeves and the collars overlap that of the rugby shirt. Add a pair of smart denim jeans.
write by GUETZOIAN YERVANT ( ED )