Check our Latest products!
This year, as you’re getting ready for Halloween, do you know which costumes will be red hot for women? I’ve put together a list of what I think will be this years most popular and fetching costumes for women on Halloween 2009.
7. Year One Costumes – Why its Hot – Roman society and Jack Black will be the rage this summer, I predict. Already searches of toga costumes are on the rise, due to the film’s advertising.
Whats available – Roman goddess dresses with white flowing gowns and gladiator sandals (think Athena goddess costume). Toga costumes are back and not just for sorority costumes.
6. X-Men Superhero Costumes — Why it’s hot – X-Men’s Prequel Wolverine, will reignite the popularity of older X-Men costumes like Storm and Phoenix, but also a new X-Men female has emerged Kayla Silverfox, who has healing powers like Logan and plays a central theme to his storyline.
What’s available — The Storm and Phoenix costumes are the white and red Lycra suits with Storm having a cape and white hair. Kayla Silverfox costume can just be an Indian style lace up front peasant shirt in black with black pants.
5. Star Trek Costumes — Why it’s hot – Here’s another movie prequel bringing back old costumes. This is the original Star Trek version of the costume (the one from 1960’s) and redone to be a little sleeker and sexier..
What’s available – Lycra yellow and blue long sleeve t-shirt shirts and lycra pants will be the rage, the short mini skirt from the lieutenant Uhura is hot hot hot. Think 1960s go go girl red mini dress.
4. Inglourious Basterds Costumes – Why it’s hot – Bringing back 1940s glamor and action will make this movie’s release a success. Quentin and Brad couldn’t make a bad movie together. Could they?
What’s available – Glamor, glamor glamor. Women wore short flowing skirted suits and blazers with pinched belted waists. Big hats with feathers were the rage. Long glamorous evening gowns with short feathered jackets and long silver cigarette holders.
3. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Costumes — Why it’s hot – GI Joe releasing this summer is quite different from the comic version and the doll version. The Cobra costumes are tight leather jumpsuits.
What’s available – No costumes have been released for this, what I predict to be, blockbuster movie. Keep an eye out for the motorcycle leather jumpsuits and their vinyl copies for Halloween
2. Public Enemies Costumes – Why its Hot – Johnny Depp is about to make the 1930s fabulous again with the release of Public Enemies in the summer of 2009. Glamor and violence were all part of the 1930’s appeal. While the flapper costumes still raged in the early 30’s, tight fitting suit dresses began to take their place. Lots of glamor on these costumes, with beading, embroidery, feathers and fur.
What’s available – Sexy costumes for women in suits and short skirts are available for any size woman. Long pin stripe suits are in pink and black adult and child sized costumes. Lastly there is the gangster moll costumes which are tight fitting, buttoned front dress suits.
1. Harry Potter Costumes – Why its hot – Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince will be released this summer. Expect more female character interaction as the boys have grown older.
What’s available – Hermoine costumes will just be the Gryffindor robes and her wand which can be found in any costume shop.
Shop early this year or your costume just might be sold out!
write by Gerda